Growing garlic is something that every household in the countryside has to do. Even if they don’t grow other vegetables, garlic, a commonly used vegetable, must also be grown. So how is it going to grow, and what should be paid attention to in the process of growing garlic? Let’s take a look with me below!
How to grow?
1. Garlic is generally grown with garlic, of course, seeds can also be used, but it is rare. To buy garlic lumps in the market or supermarket, make sure that the skin is intact and there is no damage or rotten garlic lumps. The rotten garlic bulbs will not germinate or grow badly. Don’t peel it, wear it!
2. Break apart the garlic cloves, rub them into pieces, and make them into individual garlic heads.course, there is also grated garlic in the market. The price is cheaper. If you want to know more about this topic, I recommend that you consult the tips I gave you in my guide on lyricsdigest.com If the quality is not too bad, you can choose this kind of garlic, which is more cost-effective. Note: Do not remove the coat of the garlic, this layer of skin can ensure that the garlic will not rot in the soil.
3. Garlic can be broadcast live. Put the garlic directly into the soil with its head up and cover it with soil. It is OK. Garlic is very good. You can plant it as you want. The soil should not be too dry or too wet. Be careful, arrange the garlic in rows.
4. It can also be planted in the nursery tray. Whether it is live broadcast or seedling plate planting, or you plant it in flowerpots or on the balcony, pay attention to choosing large garlic heads, and keep small garlic heads for cooking, because garlic heads produce garlic, and small garlic heads produce small garlic.
5. If you want to eat garlic seedlings in May, you can transplant the grown garlic in March. Pour enough water and manure.
Growth habit of garlic
Garlic is a string-shaped fibrous root; its ability to absorb water and fertilizer is weak, and the bulb grows and expands in the soil, so garlic should be cultivated on a plot with loose soil, good drainage, and rich organic matter. Although garlic is more adaptable, it is still better in sandy loam soil. Because the sandy loam is loose, it is suitable for root development, early greening, early bolting, large garlic head, and strong spicy taste, and it is easy to start garlic More info here
1. Temperature: It likes cold and cool, and the suitable temperature is -5-26 ℃. The 4-5 leaf stage of garlic seedlings has the strongest cold resistance and is the most suitable for overwintering Miaoling.
2. Lighting: Garlic that has completed spring-flowering begins to differentiate between flower buds and scale buds under the conditions of more than 13 hours of long sunlight and higher temperature. In a short-day and cool environment, it is only suitable for stem and leaf growth.
3. Moisture: Likes wet and fears drought.
4. Soil and nutrition: The soil requirements are not strict, but fertile loam rich in organic matter, loose and breathable, and strong in water retention and drainage is more suitable.