It can be tough keeping up with all the news and articles that come across your feed every day. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the 5 best Nairaland articles that you should be reading right now. From politics to business to life hacks, these are some of the best pieces of content we’ve seen in a while. Make sure to check them out and let us know what you think!
Easy Steps to a Healthier You in 2019
What is more important to you than your health? If you said your happiness, then congratulations, you’re aiming high. But if you said achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight is what truly matters to you, then read on.
1. Join a gym or take up a physical activity that you love. Exercise releases endorphins which make us happy and reduces stress levels.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories but offer numerous health benefits including reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, and dementia.
3. Avoid processed foods as much as possible. These foods are full of sugar and additives which can be harmful to our bodies over time. Instead stick to whole foods which will give you more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre!
4. Incorporate supplements into your diet to boost your health further. There are many different types of supplements out there so it’s important to do some research before taking them so that you get the best results for your money!
5 Signs That You Might be Suffering from Anxiety
There are a few signs that you might be suffering from anxiety. If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s best to reach out for help. Here are the five most common signs that someone is struggling with anxiety:
1. You find yourself constantly worrying or stressing about things that don’t really matter.
2. You have trouble sleeping or staying asleep because of all your worries and stress.
3. You find yourself avoiding social gatherings or situations because you’re scared of how they’ll go.
4. You experience unusually high levels of stress during everyday activities like school, work, or daily tasks at home.
5. You have difficulty controlling your emotions, which can lead to outbursts or destructive behavior.
The Truth About Diet Pills and Weight Loss
There has been a lot of discussion about diet pills lately, with people claiming that they work and others claiming that they don’t. So what’s the truth? Well, the truth is that there is no definitive answer to this question. Some people seem to believe that diet pills work miracles and help them lose weight quickly, while others believe that they are nothing more than a waste of money. The truth is probably somewhere in between these two extremes.
The thing to remember about diet pills is that they aren’t magic bullets. Rather, they are tools that can help you lose weight if you use them correctly. They work by altering how your body processes food and energy, but only if you use them in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise. If you rely solely on diet pills to lose weight, then you’re likely to gain it back eventually.
10 Foods to Avoid When You Have Acid Reflux
Foods to Avoid When You Have Acid Reflux
Acid reflux is a common problem, and can be quite uncomfortable. If you’re experiencing this issue, here are some foods to avoid when you have acid reflux.
1. Alcohol: This includes both wine and hard liquor. Both of these beverages are high in alcohol content, and can contribute to acid reflux.
2. Dairy products: Milk, cheese, yogurt…these items all contain high-fat content which can promote acid reflux. Try swapping them out for lower-fat versions if you’re struggling with acid reflux issues.
3. Garlic: Garlic is a great food for adding flavor to your meals, but it can also cause problems for people with acid reflux disease. Garlic contains allicin, which is the compound that causes garlic breath and other unpleasant side effects in some people. If you experience problems with your acid reflux after eating garlic, try reducing or eliminating its use in your recipes altogether.
4. Chocolate: Yes…chocolate is on the list of foods to avoid when you have acid reflux! Chocolate contains caffeine and other stimulants which can aggravate the symptoms of acid reflux disease. Try moderation when indulging in chocolate – you don’t need it to cause problems for your health if you eat small amounts occasionally!
How to Reduce Stress Levels for a Better Life
When it comes to reducing stress levels, there are a few things that you can do to get the most out of your life. Below are some tips on how to reduce stress and enjoy your life more.
1. Get enough rest: One of the best ways to reduce stress is by getting enough rest. When you’re tired, your brain is less likely to be activated and you will be able to deal with stressors easier. Make sure that you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night for optimal performance.
2. Exercise regularly: Exercise has been shown time and again to be an extremely effective way to reduce stress levels. Not only does exercise release endorphins, which help reduce pain, but it also helps increase self-esteem and improve moods. In fact, according to research published in “The Journal of Positive Psychology,” working out can even boost cognitive function! So make sure to hit the gym or go for a walk every day if you want to feel happier and more relaxed!
3. Take breaks: When we’re under pressure, it can be difficult not to continue working or doing things our usual way. But sometimes it’s important take a break from what we’re doing in order to recharge and come back with fresh ideas and renewed energy. This could involve taking a short break during the workday or taking a longer break after completing a task tto relax and de